Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Winter Boots

Remember when you were a little kid and winter rolling around meant one thing: MOON BOOTS!!!!

Mine were the super cool ones that had holographic images that appeared when the fabric got cold. (My gloves changed color too.) Well, I'm sure that they still make something like that, or I could hang out on e-bay for hours if I was really determined. But, as an adult who will soon need to contend with the prospect of snow, I did some preliminary snow boot shopping. One question: How come they're all so ugly?

I mean honestly, why must I sacrifice fashion for comfort, warmth, and dryness? Designers seem to be able to knock down three of the four; usually sacrificing fashion. Is the issue that you're out in blistering cold if you're in the snow, and no one walks by you on the street and says, "Nice boots" so it just doesn't matter? Do people up north only wear their snow boots in the snow and then bring a change of shoes for the rest of the day, so who cares what the warm galoshes look like?

I just don't get it. At the price-point that's set for winter boots, I need something that looks good to me. Not, "Oh, those must be really warm." So, it just doesn't feel worth it. I mean, I could just take some superfeet for soles, wrap my feet in garbage bags for waterproofing, and staple on some dead kittens. (Live kittens would be cruel, and I think that dead pets are easy to come by in winter weather. Just conjecture...)

Anyway, I'm swamped right now, but I just wanted to get in at least one blog post this week.

No comments: