Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Don't Start No Shit Won't Be No Shit!

Finally! I have ended my 2 year quest to find dress shoes!! Finally!

I was going to buy a pillow, when I passed by a pair of unimpressive loafers. But wait! These aren't loafers, they're mules. (or slides, or whatever other word you may use where you live and however old you may be) Yeah, I think slides is a better word, because it connotes after-the-game soccer shoes in my mind. Slides. I call these shoes slides because they aren't quite appropriate for the office; just a bit too casual.

But, here's my thinking: If I show up to work in the office attire equivalent of flip-flops, is my boss really going to say something to me? Really? I mean, do you have any idea how uncomfortable it is to talk to a grown-ass woman about the inappropriateness of her shoes? That's a hard chat to initiate.

Further, I'm pretty good at rolling it into a joke and then changing the subject. So, they're gonna have to bring it up several times, and then contend with my "aggressive ignorance."
"No, I'm not sure what you're talking about. [dramatic pause] What do you mean?"

And here's what the internal dialogue will be, "You know, she's leaving in a couple of weeks, is this really worth it?"

So, for the next several weeks I'll get to wear t-shirts and flip-flops to work.

The downside to this story is that they didn't have my size, so I'm still shoeless, but at least I now know what to look for in this hunt. (Slides to work... What has become of me???)

And, for the folks that know me, you're gonna see some of my asshole-ishness rise to the surface for the next couple of weeks, or at least until I get caught up on sleep and my back stops hurting. So, take some deep breaths (not so that I notice it though, I may attack you), and call upon some patience. My body hurts, I'm not sleeping, and I have a lot of external deadlines breathing down my neck. So, I may do something as childish and absurd as trying to get away with wearing inappropriate clothes to work when I'm hanging out with you. Reach for compassion, at least for right now. That's really what I need.

No comments: