Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Friday, April 25, 2008

You Rejected Me Twice?!?!?


Twice?? Really, twice?

So, I applied to some schools awhile back. My top choice was not the top ranked program of my options, but it was my top choice. They were the first to reject me, while other "better" programs enthusiastically accepted me, and put their money where their mouths are(?). Anyway, so I'm all geeked up about moving and going to school, and looking for housing, and making new friends, and new professors, and blah, blah, blah.

I've moved on. I accepted their rejection. I've come to terms with it, and I agree that it's for the best. Or at least I thought I did! Today I get home and there in my mailbox is a letter from my top choice for a program.

"What could they be writing me? An apology! They reviewed my application and realized that they had mistakenly sent me a rejection letter. Yes! They wondered why they hadn't heard from me about my acceptance before the deadline, and they've just now realized their mistake! YES! Ibetthat'swhatitis!! I bet!!"

So, I sat there for a second- at my mailbox, deciding whether I would "take them back." Would I give up all that I was excited about with the program I'd already committed to, for sloppy-seconds treatment if the excuse was reasonable (believable) enough? I stood there for a second thinking about it. And, I realized that the answer was "no". I actually prefer the program I've accepted over what used to be my top choice. But, let me see what they're offering. Maybe I'll call just to tell them that I actually got into a better program, but thanks anyway.
Let's see what they're trying to sell me:

"Thank you for your interest in our program. We receive many applications from qualified..."

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!? You just wrote to reject me again!?! AGAIN?!?!? What the hell fuck kinda shit is this?? AGAIN??

It felt like someone I loved had broken up with me, even though I put everything I had into the relationship. And just as I moved on, and had become happy, they called. After several months all of these old emotions came flooding back, and I was making considerations that seemed altogether unfathomable just moments ago.

"You want me back? You're calling to apologize? You realize that you made a mistake?" [dreamy expectations]


Me: "Hello?" [confused and bewildered]

Bitchez: "Hey, yeah... remember when I broke up with you a couple of months ago?"

Me: "Yeah!" [trying to sound all cool and nonchalant and shit- but wreaking of excited desperation]

Bitchez: "Yeah, well I've been thinking it over..."

Me: -gasp-

Bitchez: "and I wanted to let you know that I think I made the right choice. Take care."

-blink-

Uhm- what the hell fuck kinda shit is that!?!? I just got rejected TWICE!!

Damn, I feel played.

No comments: