Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Sweaters


Ok- let's be honest. I wear a lot of sweaters. Uhm- probably too many sweaters. In fact, I just took one off to write this. I don't think I'm Bill Cosby addicted, but I probably would rock a Gordon Gartrell...

Anyway, I realized a few months ago that if I wear a sweater to work that means I don't have to iron. Pants come from the cleaners and I'm good to go! Do you have any idea how lazy you become when you realize that you can stop ironing your clothes for work?? (Why get it pressed when it's just gonna be covered up by a sweater?) I was standing in the elevator the other day when I looked down and realized that I haven't tied my shoes since February. February!!
Why? Because I wear a sweater.

Sweaters are like kryptonite of professional fashion critique.

"Uhm, is your shirt all bunched up and wrinkled... Oh, look at that sweater! I really like your sweater. Where did you get it? Oh, and that blazer. That's nice! Can I touch it?"

"Sure, just let me put on my shoes."


Sweaters, they're like the Garanamals of business casual fashion. You can mix and match and still look great.
Unfortunately, it's Spring. And, over the last few months I've started shedding layers. (T-shirt, collard-shirt, sweater, blazer.) And, now that it's warm enough to throw on flip-flops when I get off, I'm going to have to stop wearing my sweaters. No big deal, ordinarily...


I realized today that all of my work clothes are too big for me. All of them. All of my pants are a little too big in the waist. All of my shirts are just a little too big. Everything.


Now, I don't know if I've lost weight, or my self-concept has changed through winter, but I've got a bit of a problem. Now, when Spring rolls around I typically start pulling out more feminine clothing, so maybe that's a factor here. Who knows?


I'm certainly not going to spend time and money on alterations when I'm quitting soon, and heading back into the world of jeans and hoodies to my heart's content. (MMmmm hoodies...)



Maybe I can try to wear t-shirts to work? As long as I wear then with slacks, maybe that will fool them...

Of course, this means I'll have to start tying my shoes again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweaters have been my favorite thing this winter! And it's seriously because I don't have to iron them. Amen.