Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thanks Wanda Sykes!



I'm a big old fan of Wanda Sykes, even though from time to time she slips into cheesy sitcom style humor. She's inconsistent I guess, but when she hits her stride? Hilarious. Like her show, the sitcom about 6 years ago- very manufactured canned laughter unfunny. (Might be why it only lasted one season.) But, the episode that opens up with her being tired of waiting on Black leaders to get reparations and taking it upon herself to get her own, hilarious!

She knocks on someone's front door, and a white lady answers looking a little puzzled.

Wanda: "Yes, I'm here for my reparations. It looks like you owe me, [Looks down at piece of paper] $13.25."

So, I'm driving downtown earlier, and traffic is kinda tight. And, as I sit there watching ants crawl along the ground, some white guy in a business suit walks out of one of the buildings. For whatever reason, there's no traffic moving in the opposite direction, so as he steps off the curb to cross the street he can just casually stroll, which he does.

After he's crossed a couple of lanes, it's clear that he's walking towards my car. He doesn't want anything from me, just passing by my car to get to the other side of the street. And that's when it hits me.

I look out the window waiting for eye-contact. [Wait for it... Wait for it.] And, as soon as he looks at me from a couple of feet away, I cringe a little bit, and with slow deliberation -click- I lock my car doors!

I could barely wait for him to cross the street before I busted out laughing.

Thanks, Wanda!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! That's awesome.

argyle socks said...

Thanks, I think a lot of your stuff is funny too. I loved the drunken screaming from the cab. Who hasn't done that after leaving a crappy club?