Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's Just Better to be a Girl





I know that most of the time when discussing gender, men are preferenced above women, and it's assumed that, if given the option, girls would much rather trade in our girlness to become boys.


You know who believes that? Men.


I remember a long time ago, maybe way back in college, I was talking to a friend about Freud, penises, and locker rooms. And at the end of the conversation we'd concluded that this notion of penis envy was something that men suffered from. Anxiety and insecurity wrapped up in some sense of self-esteem and perceived valuation by others. Men and boys without good locker room penises, or "hey look at this, let's have sex!" penises have lots of conversations with themselves about their worth and value within the context of how things would be better if their penis were more impressive. So, it's not that big of a leap to then say, well how much more must girls suffer since they don't even have one?

Nope, not really.

Certainly, it's more convenient when I'm desperate to find a bathroom, and I have to pee so bad my eyes are watering. But then, once I find one and the pressure is off I wonder, "would I be the kind of man who pisses in the street?" And, of course it would be cool to find out how sex is different with a penis. But, that's more like, "what does paella taste like?" I wouldn't want one strapped to me for life. And, I remember listening to some show on the radio talk about sex and anatomy, and the doctor mentioned in passing that the clitoris has many more nerve endings more tightly packed across its surface area than the head of a penis, which translates into more sensitivity, greater pleasure, and a more powerful orgasm. The day I heard this my curiosity wained.


I remember having a chat with a good friend about skin and how it's more and less sensitive on different parts of our body, and how more sensitive tissue looks and feels different. And the conversation turned to nuts.


"I know they're super sensitive to kicks, and trauma, but that's because you're carrying around these really important reproductive devices in there, so your body's triggered to alarm you if anything damaging may happen; protect your nuts. But is the skin on your nuts sensitive like your forearm, your armpit, the shaft of your penis, the head of your penis? What's up with the nuts?"


So, he explained that it was somewhere between shaft and armpit, and the skin that's adapted to being slightly moist/barely damp all the time. Which got me to thinking...

"Are those slightly moist/barely damp nuts resting on your thighs right now?"

"Hmmm... yeah, I guess they are."

"Are they always leaning up against your thighs, cuz I'm kinda compact down there. It seems like having nuts would be a little annoying."

"You know I never thought about it, but I guess they are always touching me. Thanks for pointing that out, friend."

I think guys are great, but I would never want to give up being a girl. And, plenty of times throughout my day/week/life I get reminders of how much I like being a girl; sometimes they come in the form of how glad I am that I'm not a guy, but usually how glad I am that I'm a woman. This pic just happened to be one of them.


1 comment:

argyle socks said...

I just realized that they all look like big penises standing there. The red area where the crotch and cycling pad are, well, that's the nutsack, the big red stripe going up the torso- shaft, and then the head- well, that's the head.

It made me laugh.