Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

80's/90's Dancers















Ok- so I've been checking out the old school cheese music videos lately, and I was watching some Lisa Lisa & The Cult Jam (The hotness!). Didn't they split up at some point, and The Cult Jam tried to release something on their own? Right? Because Lisa Lisa was holding them back. Uh-huh.

So anyway- some good old, "Lost in Emotion" or (Oh- remember The Jets?!?! "You must have heard it from my best friend..."), and I was noticing the dancers. Clearly gayness shows thru dancing whether we're in acid-washed jeans or in tuxedos dancing next to Madonna. But, I was looking at the dancers and they way that they stuck moves really hard, and in my opinion over-punctuating dance moves. Then I looked at Taylor Dane's video with the two dancers in the background and wondered why of the Chorus Line of folks that must have auditioned, why these two made the final cut.

So, some folks must have gone home wondering why they didn't get the job. Now, I have no idea how the world of professional dance works, but I wondered if folks in the 80's would leave and think that they should beef up their resume.

What would a resume of a professional dancer in the 80's/90's even look like?


Jason "Tron" Williams

Objective: To obtain employment with a troupe that staffs popular music videos across a range of genres.

Education:
Antioch College
Major: Theater
Minor: Eastern European Existentialism

Music Video Experience:

* Debbie Gibson
* Michael Jackson (Thriller- I came out of the ground in the graveyard scene)
* Terrence Trent Darby
* Big Daddy Kane
* Madonna Alternate (Rehearsed the "push-away...and come back"move with her)
* Janet Jackson (Row 13, column 7 dancer in Rhythm Nation)

Proficiencies:
The Prep
Cabbage Patch
Reebok (both hard and soft shoulder roll)
Running Man (I can really sell this one)
Roger Rabbit
Bus Stop

Anything from Cats!
Being pushed and falling to the ground on one hand, while looking into the camera with a pouty face.
Strike a pose, any pose and mean it!
Walking toward the camera, and then turning around to walk away from it.
Walking toward the singer, and then being pushed into a group of other dancers and walking away with them.
*I can take any move, and break it down on cue.

No comments: