Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Moving is Easier When I Move

I bought a bike yesterday!!

I feel like I'm in third grade again, riding like the wind! I've had a rough time with this move. Some parts are great, and some parts are kicking my ass. I went for a bike ride with a friend the other day, and it was hard for us to ride together. He was scared to ride in the street, and my roadie isn't built for sidewalks.

Plus, when I think about commuting, I don't know that I want to ride my thin tires through the sleet and snow... Mountain bike it is!

I picked it up last night, and took it out for a test ride to make sure all the gears worked, and it felt right. (It did!) I threw it in my car, and sped home (not really sped, because I don't need any more run-ins with the law!). I had an important call at 9pm, but I rode that bike up and down the streets around my house until 9:01!

It felt great!

I'm remembering that I feel better when I exercise. Life is easier when I exercise. (My knees hurt when I exercise.)

I'm gonna go for a bike ride!

No comments: