Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Food


I need to change my relationship to food.

That's not new information. It's not even new to me. But, it certainly is frustrating in new and endless ways. I haven't had food in my fridge that didn't come out of a styrofoam container for a few weeks. Last night, around 8, I had a craving for some of my own cooking.

So, I hopped in my car and drove down to the super-cool/everyone's favorite grocery store to check out the goods and buy some different kinds of sausage. (It's an oddity that I'm an American, and my mom cooked regular American fare, but when I'm hungry and I want a good meal, it consists of sausage, noodles, and gravy. It's very German. I don't know where that shit comes from, but if I'm grocery shopping while hungry, pretty much all I feel like I need is sausage>)

So, only buying "a few things" yesterday, I ended up with a grocery bill that was nearly $100. Now, I had one of those mini carts that split into a top and bottom section. I only had groceries in the top section. (Well, I bought a sonicare replacement and a baking dish now that I think about it- but still $55!)

I was very intentional- since I was starving hungry and know my inclinations. I only bought healthy food, no junk, no sugar.

I made some turkey, and baked it with broccoli, potatoes, bell peppers, and fresh basil. I added a cream sauce, and blah, blah, blah. It was good, not great, but good. (All I wanted was sausage and pasta, maybe some asparagus.)

So, now here I sit. I warmed up some of the leftovers. Not great. So, I ate a bowel of cereal- the healthy shit that I forced myself to buy. Not great- so I didn't finish it.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and spent $100. Tonight, I'm starving hungry and there's absolutely nothing in the house that I want to eat.

I need to stop buying the food that I "should" eat, and start buying the food that I will eat.

What's the point of going to bed hungry with these superfoods in my cabinets?

No comments: