Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

That's So Random!

So, for most of my life I've thought that I have all of these random and absurd thoughts that just "come from nowhere!"

One of the cool things I've learned by blogging is that my thoughts aren't random at all. In fact, there are reflective of what I've thought before, what's going on around me, and are by in large extensions of previous thinking.

Soup nazi- seems like something totally random, but actually if you look at what I was thinking about before then, it's a logical association to make.

It's happened a couple of other places too. These thoughts aren't at all random. It's like being an output for subliminal messages. But, they aren't subliminal, I've simply forgotten where the association came from.

Guerrilla marketing runs off of the same principles. Expose you to a stimulus in a way that isn't as overt as mainstream advertising, and in the end, you're left with a desire for a particular product or item, but since you don't recall where the pairing with the idea came from, you assume that it must be internal and it's just yours.

I expose myself to lots of stimuli each and every day, so there is plenty of fodder for thinking and reacting. But, the biggest influence on my future thoughts is my current and previous thinking.

In fact, if you want to know what tomorrow's obscure reference will be, just listen to today's conversation.

No comments: