Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Wicked Progressive


I know that this was last month, but DAMN it's certainly worth repeating over-and-over and over-and-over...
Cambridge also elected the nation’s first openly gay black mayor, Simmons’ predecessor, Kenneth Reeves. I must say that Cambridge is Wicked Progressive.

Congratulations, Denise Simmons!

THANK YOU!
Dear Friends,
First, I want to thank the voters for re-electing me to the City Council, then to thank my colleagues on the Council for giving me their vote of confidence.On January 14, 2008 I was sworn in as mayor of the City of Cambridge. It is a sincere pleasure to be able to serve in the city of my birth. I never imagined that one day I would have such an honor and privilege.Cambridge is an incredible city.I am currently serving my fourth term on the Cambridge City Council. And, as mayor, I am the chair of the City Council and the School Committee. The mayor also serves ex-officio on the subcommittees of the City Council. As Mayor, I will continue engaging the community through the town meeting model. It is my hope to hold a follow up to the Race and Class forum as well as the second GLBT town meeting. As the chair of the school committee I will work toward supporting family involvement and pursue new ways to achieve Academic Excellence.This is an historic occasion for the African American community and the GLBT community to have one of their own serving Mayor of a major city. A native Cantabridgian, I have worked tirelessly for the city. I look forward to this new term, serving as Mayor and with working with and for the community
Sincerely,

E. Denise Simmons
Mayor


No comments: