Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Did he just do that?!?!

I'm just hanging out in a coffee shop, minding my own damn business when some middle-class looking white guy comes and sits down near me. On the other end of the couch to be precise. So, he's one of the folks that stuffwhitepeoplelike.org conjures up for me. he's got a backpack, with some leather folders that he's pulled out, a steno pad, and a laptop; an IBM- one of the "oooh, can I see that" new ones.



He's got a couple of days growth worth of facial hair, which he keeps scratching. I guess hair growing out of your face is itchy? So, out of the corner of my eye, I see him stick his scratching/picking finger in his mouth. Hmmm... did he just pick his face and then put it in his mouth? Nah. Probably just bites his nails...



So, I move on with editing my previous entry, and he does it again. Distinctive, scratch, pick, eat. Now, I'm honestly kinda grossed out by it, so I turn and look at him; straight on, sustained for a few seconds at least. He doesn't make eye-contact.



But, now he knows I'm noticing him. Wait! Did he just rub his nose and then "bite his nails"?

No! Can't be.



So, again I turn and , not look, but stare at him. Nothing reserved, no niceties, stare at him.



He never meets my gaze, just tappity-tap tappity-tap on his laptop.



And after a couple of seconds of me staring at him, he takes his index finger, shoves it up his nose, burying it all the way to the fucking knuckle, and roots around for a second.



"Are you serious?"



He then takes his index finger, examines the nail, and then sticks it in his fucking mouth!!!



You nasty muthafuka!! You dirty, nasty sonofabitch!!! What the fuck is wrong with people?!?



We are in a crowded ass coffee shop, with exposed brick, art hung on the wall, a beer and wine menu, and sitting on the comfy couch next to me you are sitting here eating your boogers!?!?



You nasty mutha...



Fuck it! This guy. This guy right here! If you're nasty enough to do that shit in a crowded public space- this guy.


The ONLY reason I didn't say anything was because I have papers on the sofa between us, and I didn't want him to touch my shit.

I'm gonna go find something else to do, because I feel like vomiting now.

I don't even know what to say!

Oh- and he's still doing it.

2 comments:

Ana-Maurine Lara said...

EWWW!!! That's disgusting. Makes me wish he was doing a performance piece, but no..it seems he might really be like that. EWWW!!

argyle socks said...

You know, I thought about that. Right? Is this guy just playing with me.

But you know what? If you're nasty like that, I do not mind getting up and moving.

There may very well be a blog out there with a pic of me walking away from behind, next to a post about his side of the story, and my reaction to his performance. Maybe.

Still fucking nasty though.

I thought as I walked away, "You know, white people didn't have to come up with redlining, and public fund diversion, and all this stuff that leaves a trail of racism. They could just have sat next to us and ate their boogers- we would have gladly moved away." The klan was overkill; all that money wasted on dry-cleaning and extra starch. Just eat your boogers, and we'll leave.