Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

George Bush is a Pimp!

It looks like President Bush has signed his economic stimulus package into law. Quite honestly, I didn't think it would happen. How in the midst of the Comptroller General running from coast to coast with a team of economists, budget analysts, and financial experts under the banner Fiscal Wake-Up Tour do the recession-staving solutions proposed by Bush gain sufficient support to make it into law?

I may need to dust off my School House Rock civics lessons: I'm just a bill. Yes, I'm only a bill And if they vote for me on Capitol Hill- Well, then I'm off to the White House, where I'll wait in a line, with a lot of other bills- for the president to sign. And if he signs me, then I'll be a law. HOW I hope and pray that he will, but today I am still just a bill.

But, rather than spend lots of time disagreeing with the strategies employed by the President, who by the way- I am respecting more and more each day. Certainly not because I agree with his initiatives and policy priorities, hell naw! But, because he is so damn gangsta in his approach to public governance. Cavalier, pompous, arrogant, bully pulpitier... gangsta! He will nominate his former secretary to the Supreme Court! He will go to war on made up evidence, and pull together a Coalition of the Willing complete with 6 countries that had no armed forces to speak of and 33 other countries who "committed" their troops only after the invasion was complete! Stole the election (Twice!), and reduced the size of government by handing over previously publicly provided responsibilities (read, "accountable to the public") to his friends and business interests.

Black people can't do that shit!

He instituted a style of communication with the press/public that was openly hostile and condescending. Under his leadership, through initiatives such as tax rebates to individuals, as well as tax expenditures in the form of "corporate welfare" his administration ate through the largest federal surplus of the century. They openly toyed with us, and told us to buy "duct tape" in response to bio-hazards and chemical warfare threats, while telling New Yorkers that the particles in the gray smokey air surrounding Ground Zero were completely safe to breathe. No need for government intervention or public health responses. Saddam Bin Laden... Had that cell phone video not been leaked to the press we never would have known.

The list goes on and on, as this administration has created a political atmosphere of secrecy shrouded in fear-mongering. "Don't taze me bro!" That shit is just acceptable now, no matter what side of the aisle to hail from.

Defcon 4? Threat level orange? What is that shit really suppose to mean? Live your normal day-to-day life, but when you go to the airport pick up your hypervigilance and paranoia? At least they remember to seize my baby oil and lotion every time I fly. The nation as a whole is far safer with dried out ashy black folks running around without our confiscated "products."

I'm honestly gobsmacked! No other word comes to mind, except, "That muthafuka did that!" It's as if- Oh, and look at his professional career before the presidency. Politically, I knew him only the Governor who refused to support the Byrd Hate Crimes Bill. Then there was the history of drug abuse, and Arbusto, and....

George Bush is a pimp. He, Rove, somebody has trained his administration in pimpology, and they have a ride or die devotion to Pimps Up, Hoes Down. If they need to cut you loose they will cut you loose. Remember Scooter Libby? How else do you get someone going on national television apologizing to you for what you and your family "had to go through" when you shot them in the face!?!

Pimps! And guess who the hoes are.

So, the image that comes to mind is someone who can stand at a press conference, get a question they "don't appreciate", stop their handlers saying, "Oh no, I got this." Walk off the stage, backslap the reporter (all of this being televised, mind you), and then walk back on stage. Mic up, and ask for the next question while picking lint off of his jacket.




That is our president! P-I-M-P!




So, all of that was simply an aside to say I stand diametrically opposed to the President, his policy priorities, and the outcomes sought by his administration, but I'm gaining more respect for him.

So, in keeping with this style of leadership, we have an economic stimulus package that will obligate his spending priorities even after he has left office.

He did that!

No comments: