Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Running



I've been trying for hours to motivate my body to get up and go to the gym. I even bought it new running clothes. My body hasn't had new running clothes in years. I thought it would be so excited about these clothes that it would eagerly jump up and go to the gym to show off its clothes to the other bodies.




No haps. My body is getting older, and it seems to be quite content to just hang out in a chair in a semi-comfortable position. My body doesn't feel motivated to do much. In fact, it's so committed to not being motivated that you could talk shit about it, and it wouldn't even be offended.



"Whatever. You got any ice cream?"



C'mon body! This is how you feel when you run!












"Yeah. About that... I've been meaning to tell you, this is how I look though."











My body and I finally made it to the gym. It was closed, because who the hell goes to the gym at 9pm on a Friday? So, we came home determined to hit the pavement and get a run in before the concert tonight.

I finally put on my pajamas and accepted that I'm not straying too far from my chair. No concert. No run. Just my new technical fabric clothes.
Back to streaming "Friday Night Lights."

No comments: