Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sometimes I think I'm an extrovert

I'm not. Not even close. I like people. In fact, I love people. I love being around people, but I need some time alone to regenerate and re-member myself. Sometimes I get hyper-extended with my aspirations to connect with folks.

I made some plans today to hang out with someone in the morning, and then go crank out a paper in a coffee shop, and then hang out with a friend, and then go dancing later.

But, somehow I've ended up at home in my pajamas watching a bad sci-fi flick. And writing on my blog. Oh yeah! I'm an introvert!! (Or kinda geeky.)

Man! I gotta get away and recharge sometimes. And there is nothing to recharge better than bad sci-fi. I can't even watch this shit with other people. The kind that's jarring every 3-5 minutes by something that just patently absurd. It's the kind of movie that makes you question yourself.

"Why am I even watching this movie?" or "What the hell is wrong with me? I can't believe that I sat through 2 hours of this fucking rubbish."

Bad sci-fi usually has local businesses with HORRIBLE actors in their commercials. And your acting has to be really bad for someone watching bad sci-fi to notice your bad acting.

And what is this blog-worthy horrible sci-fi crapitude? Virus. And, although everything I wrote is completely true, the only reason I'm watching it is because Jaime Lee Curtis has a starring role. (Curtis, Donald Sutherland, one of the Baldwins, and some other familiar faces. Utter shite.)

No comments: