Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Badges? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges!


So, I made it back in to the gym to get some exercise today. But, first things first. I lost my badge. I've had it for all these months, and then with 6 weeks left to go I loose my badge? Fuck!!!

Now, really, it's no big deal, but I have to pay to have it replaced. And, since so many people have lost their badges they have decided to make payment "punitive" rather than cost- effective. What the hell fuck kinda shit is that? Who decides that they'll be a little more fast and loose with their work-badge because, "Hey, it only costs $11 to replace it. Maybe it would make a good toy for the cat."

No! No one does that. But now, with six weeks left to go, I have to be penalized, with my new badge. The amount of money, so isn't the issue. It's the principle of the matter. I mean, you want me to work, don't you? Okay then, what's up with these childish games? Joyce, can I please just have a replacement badge? I'll even foot the replacement cost. And, if it's more than $11, then tell me that you've contracted with a new fair-trade vendor who ensures that all of their employees are paid a livable wage, and they use eco-friendly production processes which are 100% sustainable, and cotton candy comes out of the smokestacks at their factories. Something!

I'll pay it, I don't mind paying it, but don't tell me that you're punishing me. Don't do that shit.

No comments: