Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm Feeling Good From My Head To My Shoes...

I went for a run today. "Uhm ouch!" said my knees.

"It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you..." said my cartilage.

So, I went for a run, I came home and cooked for the first time in my new apartment. You learn lots of little things when you cook for the first time in a new place. Things like, "how the fuck did I move and not pack my plates? Where the fuck are my plates? Gladware? Do I have any fucking Gladware? Where am I suppose to put these leftovers?" Shit like that.

But, I just lazed around today, and felt like myself. I streamed bullshit TV on my computer. I took a LONG hot shower after my run. I cooked one of my many variants of pasta, vegetables, and sausage; this time I used spices like garam masala and coriander. (Tasty!)

I spent a good chunk of time thinking about my relationships with people, both the real ones that last through transitions, and the situationally constructed ones that don't make it, even with the best of intentions running on both sides.

Sometimes you can't tell which is which. Sometimes you can, but you just hope that you're wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your comments about moving. Where does the kitchen essential detritus go? How can German have escaped you? But mine is next to non existent. I thought I would get immersed in Mandarin in Singapore. Now that is dumb.

cmbmcn said...

Love your comments on moving. I am in the process of finding a blender. Are you still German challenged?