Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Habe A Code.


Let's call it a 24-hour virus. You know, because I saw The Secret. From nowhere! Fucking nowhere, I came down with something today. I had lunch with a friend, went to a coffee shop to read a book. Felt a tickle in my throat. Two hours later, had a sore throat and achy muscles.

At this point my whole body is achy, I'm exhausted, and my throat is so scratchy that it hurts to talk.

Doubled up on nighttime Theraflu several hours ago- still going strong, but I'm exhausted. The sweetest moment came when my friend told me that I needed to get rest, and stop running in the street. All of my goodbye lunches, dinners, coffees, cocktails, and clubbing has caught up with me.

She came over to help me pick up some furniture that I bought, and then told me that this cold or whatever, is probably because I'm not resting and eating well, so she invited me over for dinner this week, and offered to make me some baked goods (fish or chicken). It feels like love when someone says you aren't taking care of yourself, why don't you come over for a home cooked meal.

It's a really sweet gesture when a friend notices a place that you aren't taking care of yourself, especially when it's somewhere that you hadn't yet realized.

Well back to The Wire. I really hope that I can get some rest soon.

No comments: