Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Neighbor Rehabs Houses


And I need money. So, while he was jumping my battery for me, I told him that I can help him out from time to time.

"What can you do?"

[uhm...panic! think quick brains!!]

"Oh, I paint and lay tile."

[Nice work brains!!!]

It's true, actually. I have done those things. I've done them rehabbing houses even. I've ripped out and replaced sinks. I've hung doors. Laid down hardwood. I do it all sister.

Well, I did about 10 years ago. A few months ago, I painted my apartment. Uhm- let's just say, my skills have atrophied, and I now remember things like why it's important to wash your brushes completely, AND why it matters if there is "just a little" water left in the sponge.

So- standing outside with my neighbor helping me to bring life back to my dead car, I told him that I'm willing to help him out from time to time.

Note to self: Make sure that he pays me in advance.

No comments: