Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Am I Adopted?

I have just decided that I am addicted to banana peppers and feta cheese. Banana peppers I've snacked on for a long time, but feta? I haven't had need to have it in my house until this week. I NEED feta! I think it goes well with anything:
  • Boca Burger
  • Chicken Patty
  • Omelet
  • Sausage & Peppers
  • Chicken Salads
  • Soups

The list goes on ad infinitum! No one in my family likes either banana peppers or feta cheese. Makes me wonder if I'm adopted. I know that when we are fetuses en utero (in utero?) that we can taste the spices and seasonings of the foods that our mothers eat. One of the postulated benefits to this is that we develop a preference for the foods that our mother's eat (or those in the environment in which we will most likely live) before we are even born.

No one even in my extended family likes these staples of good eatery. I think I may be adopted.

Now, I possess the capacity to go on and build the strength of this argument, and move it into something that may even be plausible. However, I realize that at it's heart arguing that I may be adopted because of my addiction to foods that the rest of my family doesn't eat is just about as plausible as, "Nobody else in my family seems to be a crack fiend... Hmm... You think I'm adopted?"

Mostly though, I'm just procrastinating, and taking a break from the grueling rigors of shit I don't want to read.

Back at it!!

No comments: