Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

7 Glorious Days!



I'm no fan of alternate side parking. No fan! As a student living on 5 figures (it's in the teens, but it's a solid 5), I prefer to drive as little as possible. For now, I like to ride my bike; later it will have to be public trans.

What that means though is that I'm tied to my car, as though it's a weight around my neck. Every day at 6pm I need to move my car from one side of the street to the other. Even days of the week you park on the east side of the street, and odd days you park on the west side. You certainly don't have to move your car, you can just pay the tickets and pick your car up from the impound lot.

But, for seven days, seven glorious days, I don't have to dance this dance. Seven days during the year; those months with 31 days I don't have to rush home and move my car!! As the 31st becomes the 1st we have an odd day becoming another odd day. Thank you, Ashref!

No comments: