Ich hat 8 jahre in Deustchland gewohnen. Warum spreche ich Deutsch nicht? Scheiße!!!


This blog is a space where I've given myself permission to express my thoughts as they come to me without the pressure to clean them up, or translate them for anyone's benefit; just my naked thinking showing up as text on screen. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes poignant, sometimes absurd; kinda like me.

Three things you need to keep in mind as you read my posts:

1.) I have extremely sexy eyebrows.
2.) I didn't handpick all of those videos to the right. I love Adam Curtis, and this was my YouTube compromise.
3.) I like semicolons; I think they're fun!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Home!

I finally made it home this morning. I think around 11. I set up a trip with some friends to go to a natural rockslide that empties into a waterfall. That's the kinda shit my weary soul could use right now.

The upside to coming back this morning was that I got to see one of my favorite people in the airport on her way out of town. So, I walked to her gate with her, and hung out while she waited for her flight. It felt very 70's, and it made me resent all of these security measures that mean you can't wait with loved ones and watch their plane takeoff anymore. I miss that.

I wasn't very good company. I didn't feel much like talking, or listening for that matter. I really just was excited to hang out and spend time with her, but I noticed that she seemed to be trying kinda hard to keep the chat up. It's gotta be confusing with someone who doesn't feel like talking or listening for more than 8 second spurts.

What's the non-creepy/non-sexual way to say to someone, "You don't have to do any work. I really just like being here with you."? I think I'll be a better woman when I can figure that one out. I can probably figure it out when I'm back to full brain capacity, rather than emergency reserve. I don't think anything is working except my brain stem right now; breathing, heart-beat, find food. Shit like that.

So, I got home, made a couple of calls, and then went down for a nap. I only woke up because I'm starving hungry.

I was so exhausted that I think a part of my being fused with the bed. Like, if you brought in some of that Ghostbusters II equipment, some kind of spectrometer, and did a reading of my mattress after I left the house you would pick up some of my lifeforce.

"Binkman," (is that his name? I think so.)"You're not going to believe this! I know I'm looking at a mattress in an empty room, but the reading says that there is an exhausted Black woman right in front of me. What should we do?"

No comments: